Where are the new quests and new locations ?

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
Roifingolfin

Hi,

I played the game a year ago (january 2017) and I was stopped at the end of the early-access, which was the gate to leave the fortress after being disguised in a soldier (with the armour). When I used the stairs, in front of the guard, the game finished. That was a year ago.

Since that time, I understood that some new quests and locations have been added (I read that in the updates on this website). So, I launched the game again, but I'm still stuck at the same place, when I want to use the stairs to leave the fortress.

Could you tell me if it's normal ? Should I launch a new game to access the new locations ?

Thanks already !
Roifingolfin

Is there someone who can answer me ?
Thank you :-)
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

Have you opted into the beta branch of the game?
Roifingolfin

Sorry but I don't understand your question. I bought the game in december 2016 and played it at this time (december 2016/january 2017). Since that, despite the updates, I still cannot go through the door. What is the beta branch of the game ?
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

Roifingolfin wrote:Sorry but I don't understand your question. I bought the game in december 2016 and played it at this time (december 2016/january 2017). Since that, despite the updates, I still cannot go through the door. What is the beta branch of the game ?
In Steam, click on the game in your library, go to properties, then beta. You can opt into a beta branch of he game, though I'm not sure what differences there are between that and the normal release.

That aside, and I don't no how much I can say since I've signed an NDA, but the game is really progressing well. I'll leave it at that unless one of the devs wants to comment on it?
Roifingolfin

Ok, thank you for your answer, but I can't access to the beta branch of the game, because it need an access code that I don't have. I'll try to reinstall the game and see what happens.
Thank you.
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

I'm sure the normal beta branch shouldn't require a code (unless they changed it). With beta branches of games, that code box is normally there even if you don't need to enter a code anyway. You should just be able to select the beta, close the dialog, and it should then queue an update.

I just did a quick search on the Steam GoaT forums, and the normal beta definitely didn't need a code.
Roifingolfin

Ok, I switched the game in Beta, like you saif, but it doesn't change anything. But it's weird because the game seems to be updated (4.90), so I should have access to new areas, but when I want to go through the door to go to the catacombs (I guess), it's still says "end of the early access, etc."
Roifingolfin

I reinstall the game, it's updated (4.90) but it doesn't change anything. But I have 2 questions :
- Is it necessary to begin a new game to unlock the new locations ? And, by the way, same question once the full game will be relased. Because I still use my game saved 1 year ago.
- Are you sure that i'm supposed to access to the catacombs in the early access (when you're desguised in soldier to cheat the guard in front of the stairs) ?

I don't want to begin a whole new game if it's not necessary, but I'll do it if it's the only way to have access to the new quests and locations.

Thank you for your help ;-)
Fluke
Original backer
Original backer

I've seen some quite subtle changes over the time I've tested it, and the odd major one as well. For example, the courtyard area is quite different these days - there's an entire wall splitting it in two, compared to the early versions where it was on entire open area.

There's no doubt that when the full game releases, you shouldn't be using a save as old as that (like I say, lots of changes have happened), and it might be causing problems for you now with the beta version.

Tbh, I don't know when catacomb access was added. I'm sure there were new areas in the public beta. Have you tried seeing if you can get through the rampart gate into the forest for example (though again, I can't recall when that was added, or if it's definitely in the public build)?

edit - Just checked the patch notes, and with 4.90 you can go into the forest as mentioned above, which also leads you to the armory.
Roifingolfin

Thank you for your answer, Fluke.
I will begin a new game to be sure to enjoy every new assets and be ready for the release of the full game. In that way, I'll be sure to access to the new areas et quests. I think that this part of the game is quite finished now, so it's safe, I hope, the begin a new game now and keep playing from it in Marsh, when the full game will be release.
Thank's again !