Some ideas

Share your ideas and thoughts for the game with the community and team.
broccolisoup

I come up with few more like general ideas which could improve game. Since I don´t know that much details about game I can´t be too specific. I really love how the game looks so keep up a good job. I hope my suggestions can help you to develop better game. Also feel free to ask me, debate or criticise all I wrote here.

Magic
-considering it´s smaller game I would add only few spells
-player could pick them up by finding hidden magic shrines
-these shrines could be of secret character so player would have to explore to find them and get new spells
-every shrine could contain different spell
-spells should not be overpovered but either useless
-they should add more game solving possiblities(for example short invincibility shield to avoid dying)
-I think there is no need to make them upgradable(it helps balance)
Crafting
-I saw you can pick up some things like seashells/starfishes
-it would be cool if player could use them to craft things
-it could be done in more logical way for example stick+starfish+string=magic stick or stick+seashell+string=seashell mace or leather strap+wooden plank+starfish=starfish wooden buckler.... and many more of course
Puzzles
-this game is ideal for enviromental puzzles(sadly not sure if one guy can do that much)
-I would make few easier for story progress and few harder which would be explorable
-puzzles could be used to find some of those mentioned magic shrines
-I don´t know what are game posiblities in this case so can´t tell some exact ideas how could puzzles look
-few brainteasers would be awesome :)
bosses
-I always love some unique and hard enemies to face 8-)
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

@Broccoli... welcome to the forums!

Yes!!! The game will certainly feature environmental puzzles and brainteasers, along with stealth, agility, tactical cunning and some combat.

As for magic, Seith remains secretive on this topic. GOAT is certainly set in a world where there are ghosts and undead skeletons. Whether there will be magic, and the mouse will be able to wield spells... iss unknown (except to Seith). Personally, I suspect that the lute the mouse carries on his back has magical abilities :?: :?: :?: :?:

Regarding magical shrines, that is a good idea... that's exactly what they did with 'Mini Ninjas' and it worked beautifully! However, as you'll understand, it would depend whether shrines would fit in the GOAT story, environment and mythology. Seith will design the environment logically, like the real world, so he'd need a reason to put them in specific places... and for sure he'd also tie the 'religion' into the lore of GOAT.

As far as I know, crafting won't feature... but Seith hasn't said 'no' either, so there is an outside possibility.

I'd really like some GOAT bosses too. Like you, I also hope this will happen... fingers crossed! :D
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

A bit of this has been mentioned previously, but I think it's great to hear more folk chime in and say what they like/don't like and so offer Seith some input.

I do hope there are some elements of magic in the game, but I don't expect to see spells so much as magic items, like weapons, wands, or accessories to wear. I think (and I am guessing here) that there will be magic in the world seith is creating, but within this game (and the hero mouse) it won't be as much of a factor. Magic will be special to those magically inclined, and so maybe the next GoaT will feature a spell Mouse. :) This time we get the heroic bard.

I an on the fence with shrines. I like the idea, but I'm iffy if it'll really feel appropriate on Periclave. I guess it COULD, especially if the shrines are an indication of religion/spirituality being a major issue when the wars began. Otherwise it might feel shoehorned in just for the game mechanic.

Everyone knows I'm all about the crafting and jury rigging equipment, and I think a lot of folk are with me on how it might be featured in terms of armor/weapons/gear. Sadly I doubt it will be a major mechanic of the game (it'll require a lot of additional work for Seith to pull off with any kind of variety and depth). I think there may be a few small bits of it, like using materials to built traps or upgrade stuff into food/healing items. Hopefully stuff like that comes in with the next game or somewhere down the line.

broccolisoup

I´m so glad to hear that puzzles will be in game. Shrines are in my opinion simple way how to implement magic without need for some complex spell system. I have no idea how Periclave's mythology works but I think that magic shrines with some apropriate look can definetly sit into mystical island. Shame about crafting system but one person can´t do all we desire.

EDIT: BTW are there quests or is it more "walk throught levels" kind of game?
david

Yes, shrines/altars might fit... but so far most of the games mythology is unknown. Seith has spoken of GOAT's setting as a rich, detailed world with a lot of history.... but there are few details.

So far, we know there was a bloody battle, involving the rat army, and the tower of Periclave plays a key role. Technology (buildings, machinery and weapons) in the world seems to be roughly Roman-level, though this may vary by species or faction.

Quests VS levels is an interesting (and key!) design choice. Again, on this subject, Seith has remained secretive :mrgreen: