Who'll visit the GOAT stand: Gamescom, Cologne, August 13-17

Talk about anything related to Ghost of a Tale here.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

So with the most recent announcements for the blog, who (besides Kwisatz Haderach)) might be going to the con to try the alpha of GoaT?

Also, who would want to see the game hit Xbox One eventually? :)
david
'Ghost of a Tale' Community Manager

I'll be there! :D
JeremiahPena
'Ghost of a Tale' Composer

If it wasn't for the cost of plane tickets, I'd very much like to be there.
I compose the music for Ghost of a Tale. Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeremiahpena
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

cost of plane tickets.. and the lack of having a passport. hehehe.

I really need to get those resolved if I ever plan to party with David :) I hear he makes a wicked Fondue.

david

@EvilKing and JeremiahPena... really, Gamescom would feel more complete if you were both there, but it would be a major trek from the USA. So it is perfectly understandable! But at the conference, if you like, we could live-video on Skype with you to say 'hi!', then hold up the camera so you can see the GOAT stand and have a look around the event while it is happening live. It would be fun to do! :D Perhaps, in the fullness of time, we'll be displaying GOAT at a conference in the US too (like the GDC in San Francisco next year).

@EvilKing... Yes, I'm a wizard with cheese-related dishes. In addition to fondue, I can bring delicious items to the party like cauliflower cheese, cheddar sauce, cheese fries, cheese on toast, cheese sandwiches, cheesecake, croque-monsieur, lasagne, macaroni and cheese, mozzarella sticks, nachos and welsh rarebit. :ugeek: Darn it, after writing this, I'm ravenous again!

PS. It would be utterly, utterly cool to see GOAT on the XBone (and PS4 and Wii U also!). As for me, I'd even love to see it on handhelds and tablets, but I don't think handhelds and tablets have the graphical horsepower yet... as you know, Seith intends for GOAT to be visually something special.
evilkinggumby
Original backer
Original backer

Haha doing a live skype or even just broadcasting from there would fricking rock! I would love to see you try it but if time and resources don't permit, I'm sure you guys can get a few pics to post afterwards. :)

I am sure you'll be crowded constantly so might not be able to skype with 300 people trying to check out the game at any given time.. hehehe

Hopefully Seithe can finish enough for the alpha test. go go go go go!!!! lol
JeremiahPena

david wrote:But at the conference, if you like, we could live-video on Skype with you to say 'hi!', then hold up the camera so you can see the GOAT stand and have a look around the event while it is happening live. It would be fun to do! :D
I'm completely up for this. It would definitely beat sitting around wondering how the event is going.
I compose the music for Ghost of a Tale. Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeremiahpena
david

@EvilKing and JeremiahPena... terrific! Let's definitely, definitely do this... it will make the event even better! :D
KwisatzHaderach
Original backer
Original backer

By the looks of it I won't be able to attend neither the Gamescom nor your fancy cyberspace conference as I'll be on a holiday without internets. :( but also a little :)

Make sure to document everything for me to watch later, please. And also for shooting the info out there in space to demonstrate to any aliens how AWESOME humankind is!
david

wow... not coming to Gamescom and no interwebz connection? :shock:

I feel your pain, brother Kwisatz, we will miss you for sure :( But if your circumstances change, do let us know so we can include you somehow. For sure I'll post video of the event... I'm not entirely sure about hiring a spaceship to send out footage to aliens :D but a time capsule -with elements the project, including a game copy- would be cool for sure. Hopefully Seith will be like Shakespeare and Tolkien to future generations (of course they'll be playing video games, instead of reading, at the schools of the future) ;)